View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stilltrecking

Smile 50 days clean from opiates :)

Well i made it 50 days clean, approximately twice as long as the next longest time i have gone clean and i have to say i am proud of myself. I have energy, and can get myself motivated, and enjoy doing things again. I still get cravings, I still feel guilty about things in my past, and i still struggle from time to time. But i have far from forgotten the pain opiates caused me and the damage they caused me to do to friends and family. I am a better person than i was 51 days ago. I don't lie, I don't steal, and i am able to be a good friend. If i can do it, ANYONE CAN DO IT. Life gets better, the depression eases over time, and you will one day feel happy and "full" again. That has been the greatest thing for me is feeling "full" without opiates, and that has come just recently. The entirety of the withdrawal process of opiates takes far longer than just one to two weeks. It takes effort, perserverence, acceptance, forgiveness, and strength. We all have these qualities as addicts and we all can overcome this demon. Hang in there to all who are struggling.
-StillTrecking.