View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
roseblossom

I am a binge drinker. I quit by using this site and spirituality. There is no way I could do AA as like yourself I am a disorganized person. I have always been this way, not because of drinking. I find alot of hope and inspiration in the teachings of Native Americans, Buddhists and the bible. I am looking to fulfill my purpose in life and drinking is not part of that no matter how fun it is

I started drinking to fit in at the age of 22. I continued just as something to do on my nights off work. It wasn't until a disaster happened in my life that I became a binge drinker. I was drinking strictly to get drunk. I look back now and realize I was actually trying to kill myself with alcohol. I couldn't see myself living without my family which I had lost by unfortunate circumstances beyond my control. I lived for my family so with them gone I felt I was nothing. I hit rock bottom and I knew if I didn't do something I was going to die. I took my dog and whatever I could fit in my car and moved to Mississippi. This began my recovery and the journey to discover who I am. I have been on this journey ever since with each year learning more and more and letting go of more old habits that don't suit the new me anymore. You will find out what you really want out of life as you move along your path. Then you will wonder how you could have ever thought life was boring. Life is full of magic and wonder if you take the time to see it. Best luck to you.