View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alycenphoenix
Cutting Down

Red face New and Wanting Insight

Hello,

I have been a heavy drinker for about 7 years (with 1 year off due to my senior year of college) and have gotten nothing from drinking heavily except 3 DUI's, guilt, embarrassment, and frequent hangovers. I am angry at myself, but I am coming to a point where I am accepting that "hey, it is okay, no one is perfect" point in my life; so here I am.
I am proud that I have been drinking every other day for the past week, and I never thought I could do even that. My drinking problem has been a major issue on my mind that I have been striving to fix or lessen. Honestly, I came here to feel better about my situation, so I could justify myself to myself. I am over it, but I am so bored. Boredom is not an excuse, I should find a hobby but there is nothing I am interested in except going to grad. school (which I did not get into twice). I love school.
I am rambling, but seeing this screen here makes me feel like I can breathe and express myself, which is cathartic looking at the essay I just wrote. UGH. I don't know. That is all for now. (I am worried about what you will think of me)
Thank you and I would love to hear a tidbit of your story,
Aly