View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gettinhealthy

Binge Drinker, Need to Stop

I don't think I am an Alcoholic, but I know I have a drinking problem and I would like to stop. When I was younger (I am 29 years old now) I would drink every weekend, sometimes up to 18 beers in a night, at only 5'2" and 120 lbs

As I got older I've stopped drinking every weekend, sometimes I'll go 3 months without drinking, my problem is I am not someone who can just have a drink, or a few. I always plan to just go out for a few, and it ALWAYS turns into more.

Friday night I went out to some friends for some drinks. Ended up drinking around 10 drinks, plus shots, and smoking, which I quit 2 years ago (only used to smoke when I drank but I'd smoke a pack and make my self so sick)

Saturday I woke up with a really bad hangover as I always do. I was throwing up all day, not even able to keep water down (this is not new for me, this is always how I am after binge drinking) Finally stopped throwing up around 6 pm, wasn't able to eat at all that day though. Sunday was still feeling the effects and pretty much slept the day away. I feel like I am wasting so much of my life being sick from my drinking.

I also get really depressed after drinking for days, I still feel it today. I regreat things I did or said, feel like I made a complete a** of myself and don't want to see anyone.

I feel like if I cannot limit the amount I drink, I should not start at all in the first place, so I believe I need to quit all together. I know I'll be fine for a couple months but I do get these cravings to go out and drink, and I always tell myself that this time will be different, I'll be responsible this time, but I never am.