View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
MsHyde

Hey!
Day 17 here. Yay me I did it, another week-end without booze.

Johnny, I would absolutely love to read your story. If you start a blog I'm definitely gonna check it out! My drinking has a lot to do with me being a punk-rock- metalhead-goth chick. Gonna post about that in my blog later or tomorrow, but I know it's related (or I make it related, but I want to keep the metal/punk/goth part and remove the drug/booze part).

Anyway, I had this huge party on Fri. night and I did it. All my friends drink a lot, and I think that most of them do have a problem with alcohol (they would drink 20 or more beers at each party, and nothing in between, but sometimes parties are once a week) but they don't get really drunk.
One girl got really drunk and was annoying and the rest (including my husband) was drinking but still very interesting to talk to. So I had lots of fun, people were still able to have a good conversation on politics at 4 am (yes we French people just love arguing about politics). I went to bet after 6AM, totally wired on caffeine. I had to take some Xanax to be able to sleep which is not good but still better than drinking (I'm very careful with the benzodiazepines I don't want to trade one addiction for another, and I am very good at doing that).

Did I have cravings? yes, definitely.
When we arrived about 4 PM the girls were already having beer in the garden. I looked longingly at the six packs on the table and asked for a glass and drank my first bottle of Fanta Zero quite quickly. I actually had waaaay too much soda, during the night. I realized that all the soda I had would have been beer on an afternoon + night like that, but I had like 6 liters of soda. I guess it's not very good (aspartame, caffeine) but for the moment I don't care. Then I had several cravings after that (one at each new alcohol, actually: they had very good whisky, mead, and wine, each time a new bottle appeared, I had a small craving, and I was just asking myself: why would I drink? What would I gain from drinking? am I having fun? yes. Am I enjoying everybody's company? yes. So I don't need a drink. And the craving went away and disappeared).
Oh and I vaped a lot my e cig, too.
But I had a great night.
Saturday was even easier, I was tired and beer was more expensive than OJ anyway at the festival, and I was driving (on Friday I was supposed to, but finally we stayed for the night at my friends place).
Today the weather is awesome. Gonna exercise on my elliptical now and I'm gonna go and enjoy my garden after that.

Hope everyone's having (or is going to have) a great sober day soon!