Thread: My fifth day
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FindingTee

To all of you thank you for welcoming me. While it is good to talk to family about this stuff, your whole relationship cannot be comprised of it. So glad to have a place and people to talk to so I don't overwhelm my family!

My first couple of days were bad but not because of the withdrawals . . . they were bad because of the emotional pain. You see, I nearly died last Monday (from wine and darvocet) and was admitted to an ICU. I am thankful now that I didn't.

I am in danger of losing my husband and his family (his parents will not talk to me at all now). Our children are not aware. My husband did not know I was drinking so much. I hid it very well. He is shocked, and also shocked that I would try to take my life. I would not blame him if he could not get through this with me.

Otherwise, the detoxification process hasn't been great, but I'm just happy to be alive. On the third and fourth night, I completely soaked my clothing three times from the sweating. The fifth night twice. I often am very tired and clammy. I have been losing weight even though I'm eating more. That tells you how much I truly was drinking every day. I'm trying to reverse the severe malnutrition (my doctor's words) I've put my body through simply because my liver was trying hard just to keep up with processing the alcohol!

I've been spending my time trying to educate myself and stay positive. The 'alcohol ghost' is still with me; I still forget and start to go to the wine fridge to get a drink . . . But then I remember . . . I'm an alcoholic. And I don't drink anymore.

Your jokes are welcome with me . . . You have to have a sense of humor or you won't make it!

Again, thanks for the welcome. Hope I can do the same for others on here. Another day has almost passed!