View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
pauladmits

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Hey you know what you described my life almost to a T. My parents were always behind me sweeping up my messes and it might have something to do with me staying out there for 37 years. But the last 10 years of my drinking they couldn't prevent or clean up some of the messes like jails and DUI's. And thank God they couldn't cuz if they had I may still be out there. Well the good thing is that you are having a revelation. Sometimes I used to blame my parents for not teaching me any responsibility. But as an adult I had choices and I saw other friends growing up. I just chose to be dependent on them and it was quite manipulative as they were to nice to lay down the law.

Now in this economy I am back to depending on them for shelter. Lost our beautiful home to foreclosure like many others.Addiction destroyed my life and then my hubby's life and we are starting all over at age 51 and 58 and I am grateful my folks are still alive and willing to help us out. I feel very blessed and I need to tell them that more. So Thanks for your post! I hope you choose recovery it's the best payback we can give our loved ones.
Thank you for your kind post deeker! There is a positive to all of this. We have a family that loves us and when we "really" need them, they are there. I just got to stop using them for things I can do myself!