View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Viperidae

How many Punk Rockers and Metal fans are there in this group?? Haha! Johnny Rotten is still my hero. He is brutally honest, and just doesn't care what anyone thinks. I get compared to him in many respects. I'm always going off about some injustice. I would be a great lawyer. I have no intention of dropping that part of myself for sobriety. If anything I want it to become stronger and more pointed with my sobriety.

The people around here are really aware of this illness for the most part. I am proud of CT for our politics, awareness and high standards of education. My friends, are very progressive, and will change the venue where we meet to a coffee shop or sushi place, and warn me if there is a possibility of people drinking at a certain event. Booze culture rules for social and business activities though. And that is a handicap. But in the 17 years I've been drinking, I never, got a job, or a decent girlfriend from those social gatherings. I did make a lot of good friends who will always be loyal to me though.

I'll think about posting my story, I wrote a lot and I'm sure it is riddled with typos. I'm a writer and and artist, not an editor. That's someone else's job. There are things I want to add, but the general idea is there, so I'll drop the perfectionism. For now I can PM Goat and Anna and then maybe put it out for public spectacle.