Thread: my triggers
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
I was just sitting here by the river , trying to just take in the beauty. It's a trigger. I used to sit in this same spot , near my dealer, waiting for a text back. The center floor in my van is a trigger. I usually dumped a little there to take a hit and usually there are crumbs there. The way I drove to get here is a trigger. It's the same way I drove to get some. So much to do and even more to try to forget. Enjoy your day, sober
I used to go to a certain spot in Florida near the Gulf and just drink and drink and drink, so I decided to make a new memory there. I took my AA sponsor there after about 9 mo sober and did my 5th step there. It is where I released all the deep dark secrets of my life with my sponsor. Now I have a positive memory of being there. It's the place where I got honest!

In the beginning though I found it wise to avoid all old - people, places and things having to do with my using, even to the point of taking a new route to avoid driving past old bars or drug dealers homes.