Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by redhead1982 View Post
Agrophobia stops me doing many things in my life, I was referring to going for walks etc outside- i havent done that in nearly 2 yrs since moving here- that is quite an unfair comment to make to me- unless you suffer with an anxiety disorder or agrophobia you have no idea of what the sufferer goes thru on a daily basis- and i dont buy it in public- id park my car by the door of the petrol station and run in and straight back out to my car, then back safely at home in 2 seconds. So please dont make comments with regards to agrophobia if ya dont understand the illness ok.
I found that a lot of my anxiety dissipated when I got sober as I wasn't feeling shame,guilt and remorse everyday. How did I do that I forced myself to go to AA/NA meetings.

If you keep drinking your anxiety will continue cuz you are just adding more shameful things to your story. That is why I couldn't walk down the street or go shopping cuz I felt such shame inside. People drink cuz of anxiety and drinking just brings on more anxiety. It's a never ending cycle, Get off the merry go round and walk thru your fear and get to a meeting.

You have to get unstuck. Lots a people here are giving you suggestions. Take them, You won't know if they work unless you try them. God Bless!