View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
numberonebebo

I understand that you can't get a person to stop drinking, they have to surrender. What do you do when he has his whole family turning a blind eye to the issues of drug addiction, sexual assault and child molestation? I was under the assumption that when dealing with an addict we need to back the disease into a corner. I remember Susanne Summers was advertising her book (Keeping Secrets) in 1988 and was saying that when you look at the addict, separate the sickness from the person in your own mind and treat the disease with toughness. I believe I have contributed to getting my dad to stop drinking by showing him my toughness when no one else would.
This sick man is surrounded by an entire family that is contributing to keeping him in a sick way of thinking. He will strike again (sexually) and it's going to be within my future family. I'm just trying to stop him from destroying more lives. How do I stop him from molesting my future grandchildren when everyone assumes that I'm suppose to accept the fact that I can't change him? He has my daughter in a place of trust , that's what child molesters do ,He has manipulated my daughter enough to have her turning against me completely because he has presented himself so perfectly in her eyes. He already got past supervised visitation when my daughter was younger, but I managed to get my daughter out of that situation before he could do any major damage. I can't sit back and do nothing and say nothing when I know what he is capable of doing. He has my daughter in the same place of trust as where he had me years ago to be able to sexually assault me. Trusting him sets him up to do more harm. I can leave it in GOD'S hands but God hasn't stopped sexual assault or child molestation in this world..
WE DO !!! I need to do what ever I can because NO ONE ELSE WILL stop him !!
How is Al-Anon going to give me the right kind of advice on this one if they teach that we can't stop change an alcoholic. Would you sit back and do nothing if you know that an alcoholic/drug addict has the natural ability to con his way past your daughter to molest your grand kids? How would you deal with this? This guy is the worst kind. I shouldn't have to be a mother that is waiting for grand kids to come into the world that is already doomed before they are born. I'm sorry , I don't mean to come across as .......? or sound as.....? I"m lost for words, but this is my reality.