View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BeingMyself

What can I look forward to now???

I am fairly new at the whole sober living lifestyle. I have been clean now for almost 7 weeks, and that has been the longest in probably around 12 years or so. I have been forced to stop drinking because of the trouble that I have gotten in from past duis. I have never hurt anyone, but could not get it in my head to not drink and drive anymore. Regardless, I pretty much have to choose to either stay sober, or face a potential felony, or jail time. This has been probably the most difficult thing that I have ever tried to accomplish (along with physics in college throughout my entire life. I recently completed a 14 day partial hospitalization program, and am now trying to attend AA meetings regularly and have switched sponsers since my last relapse. I feel like I do not have anything to look forward to anymore. Drinking was the 1thing that I felt at home and content with myself. My sponser had me make a gratitude list, and that seems to help some. I just cannot convince myself to stay sober for the long path that I have ahead of me. I wonder if it gets easier. I hope that it does, because as of now, I feel hopeless and depressed because I lost my best friend that I have ever had.....