View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
totalchange

Lost but not forgotten

Hello all,

It has been a few months since i have been on here. I used to have another account years back but had a major downfall. I opened this one up awhile back but have neglected to use it.

Well i feel it is time for me to get back into the practice of using this site, because it is such a wonderful site for me. I am an alcholic. I have been drinking since i was 12 years old. Somewhere along the line i just thought that was all to life. I did not come from a home where there was drinking or drugs. The home i was raised in was a very good home, and im not just saying that. I learned alot of my ways on my own. I got sober for about a year and then moved to florida where all i did for the first year i was here was party. I got myself into trouble and well it really opened my eyes. Now that i am sober, 1 year on july 2, i think of all the changes i have made and all the things i still need to work on. I not only have to relearn daily habits, but i have to pretty much start out like a growing child. It gets really hard at time. I have great support via my family, but they are all so far away. I feel myself at time doing things or thinking in ways that i used to, and i know if i do not change the process i will be drinking again. So i fight myself to the bone to stay on track. I believe if i started regularly coming to this site, and meeting when possible, it will help me alot. I am living with a man who tries to act like he knows it all, but at the same time acts like i dont have a struggle within myself daily. It seems like living here is making this transition back to life harder. but it also helps build me to be strong. I struggle daily with the things i have done to others whom i care about. Some things i just can not seem to get off my mind. I just dont know how to handle some of the feelings i am feeling and honestly i dont really have any one i can express these to and have them just listen.