View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
MustLoveCoffee

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
I guess I need to really throw myself into recovery behaviors rather than allowing myself to sit around feeling bad anymore.

This is exactly what they were trying to get at during the AA meeting I went to yesterday. Don't think about it to death, just make a choice, yes or no. It's really that easy. And then do it.

Since I'm usually this little emoticon , that just seems ridiculous to me. But maybe it really is that simple.

You know as Mark Twain says: “Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”

Just make your list of the things you're going to get done today. Keep it simple, only put the "you must do this or you will die" type things on the list plus one or two more minor things that will challenge your toward a goal you're trying to achieve, and do the hardest thing first. It really does work, I made tremendous progress with this a year or so ago.

If your goal is sobriety, pick a few small things that will help you with that goal, and bang them out first thing. Makes sense to me!