View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
lastchance24

I can relate to your situation 100%. I was also "canned" from my previous job where I was making an excellent salary because I was drinking at work (and had been doing it for a solid 6 months). I just finally got caught. Obviously I was let go without the possibility of returning in the future. I was CRUSHED! If I can speak from experience at all, it's that you need to keep working on your sobriety. I was able to find a new job due to a good friend about a month later and things were going well up until last week. I was caught AT THIS JOB as well. I didn't take the hint after the first job that I needed help. Luckily this job just put me on suspension (without pay) while I'm going through an outpatient program... but it didn't have to come to this. If I would have worked the program after the first job I would be in a much better place right now.

And if you read my last post, I also lost my fiancee 2 weeks ago (1 month from our wedding) due to my addiction. My addiction has taken so many things from me! For some of us it really does take hitting rock bottom to get in the right mindset to get sober.

I've been trying to think on the positive side of things this time. I have 2 OWI's and continued to drink and drive. I could have easily gotten my 3rd and gone to prison, or worse killed someone. In that respect I feel extremely lucky that I'm still alive and have my freedom.

Good luck to you!