View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

I owned many vehicles in my lifetime, today I am not a car owner and I take a bus.

When I had a car, I was always in a hurry to go nowhere (work, store, home, out once in a while).

I get more places while sober and riding a bus. My life is so much different than when I sat on my couch drinking and thinking about living or tomorrow or obsessing about that darn boss/brother/friend/cashier/another person's behavior and not my own.....worrying or....basically NOT living in the now.

I paint. I paint abstracts. I'm currently taking pics of my painting in between coats (acrylic needs to dry or it peels itself off).

I'm thoroughly enjoying the process much more than the end result.

It's reflective of my life today. I'm enjoying the process, not any particular destination. I try to live in the moment, not tomorrow. I have lengthy conversations with random people throughout the day--at bus stops, on the bus, in stores or restaurants, in museums, meetings, on the street (you get the picture here, right?) wherever I am. There are awesome people all over this world!

Just for today, don't drink, try to live in the now. Mindfulness and fully human interaction. It's what life is really about.