View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
pawsgal

ArcticSA, I can totally relate to these feelings. I also have 3 months of sobriety. It feels good to be sober and I don't want to get drunk, necessarily. But cravings still come up and I wonder, is this all there is? Am I really going to live the rest of my life avoiding alcohol and feeling like an outsider? The only thing that helps me is prayer, and I do attend 12 step meetings. As for facebook, I quit going on there around election time and just never went back. I remember one time being really wasted and posting a topless pic (deleting it a moment later.) Just knowing that's still out there somewhere really irks me. My suggestion is to take a break from social media for awhile, it does make life and recovery a lot easier. I know if I was on FB now, I'd have a hard time keeping my newfound sobriety to myself. And the last thing I want is for dozens of people to ask me how my recovery is going, especially if I hit a rough patch. Just hang in there, from what I hear this does get easier. Remember the misery of drinking and the shame that returns every morning. We can do this!