View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

congrats on 3 months and the honesty and insight that you have.

Early on, SOBER is it. But in time we feel lots of things. Horizons expand, our ability to live and explore returns as our life becomes rich with more things than not drinking/not using.

I've really found the idea of "there is a time and season for everything" useful.

I mean it is SO true. When I was a toddler, I did toddler things. When I was in high school I went on field trips, prom, and stressed over what to do for the rest of my life. I used to be able to eat onion rings, now my tummy won't tolerate them, but there are so many foods out there I've yet to try, so now I am trying them! New cuisines!

You did wasted, as nauseum, now you have a chance to do "not wasted" and all the possibilities that come with it. I mean it's GOOD that "just sober" gets boring because that is what pushes us to do new things. We are not doomed to return to drunk and wasted, dang, we know all about drunk and wasted, now's our chance to experience so much else in life!

There is a time and season, maybe it's your season to experience new things, new feelings and new possibilities.