Old 05-03-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
neferkamichael
Life Health Prosperity

Quinne, 11 months sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. 1022 days sober here and I go to aa regularly and have almost from the beginning of my sobriety. The way I say it is, I'm in a perpetual 4th step. When I seriously began looking at myself, I found my worst character defects to be ambivalence and procrastination. I'm beginning to believe giving up the booze, weed, crack, and cigarettes is the easy part. I have wide emotional swings, but 2 emotions that have practically vanished are shame and guilt. Why? Because I don't do shameful guilty things anymore. I've been alone for a long period of time now and it doesn't bother me at all. For me staying clean and sober is a necessity, but clean and sober isn't all there is to a good life. Some of my behaviors are proving very difficult to change. One of the good changes is how I feel about being "chemical independent". I like it, it is one less problem I have in my life. I'll have a good life if I stay off the booze and dope. Rootin for ya.