Thread: Selfish addict!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by jzeb2008 View Post
Addicts are SO selfish! My opiate addict /alcoholic husband came home about 6 weeks ago.(On and off.)His mother had it with him and I(being a codie) allowed him to come back with his promises of treatment. He would leave and use and come back a week laterand do good (for him) and do it all over again.One day he seemed to have the "light bulb "moment after I told him that he was dirty, walked around town in the same clothes everyday, sleep on floors and hung out with homeless people. I found him bawling because he claimed that I had called him a bum.After that he starting going to meetings, staying clean (for the most part) and got a new job.Then, it started all over again. The, "I'll be home right after work. "NOT SO FAR!Coming home drunk and the blame game. No meetings, no money and THAT mouth!!! He expects dinner, clean clothes, clean house, to be able to shower before anyone else, comfortable bed and me to ne at home waiting for him.He spent 9 months on prison (not to mention all the months in the county) and everyone should accommodate HIM!?!?He says that it's no wonder he doesn't want to be at home because I'm a nightmare and don't take care of anything!
So what's your course of action right now? What's your next, logical step?