View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
StevenT

I had this experience myself at a ford dealership I used to work at. In my story (in my blog) I refer to losing my job, but didn't go into detail how. I wasn't exactly caught doing it, but my suspicious behaviors said enough. I was a car porter, and one of my duties was to test drive recently worked on cars. I was on a test drive and smoking a cigarette in a customer car, and drove past a fast food place where the owner was eating. She saw me and called my boss. Other then that I was also rolling joints and smoking those while driving customer cars.

For me, getting fired from that job put my addiction in a whole new light. I was truly the addict without values, the guy who would do anything to get high. It doesn't make me a bad person, but I had become a guy who needed a serious personality change. Losing that job let me move to experience a total bottom on 11/13/11, and I set my 1st true clean date on 11/17/11. I didn't stay because the illusion that I could still drink and use like others hadn't been smashed yet. It took over a year more of in and out of AA/NA, experimenting and trying it, all the while destroying my life more and more, until I finally became convinced that I will never be normal, and I need help.

I hope my experience helps you in some way.