View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dejvice

Originally Posted by Majora View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Anthony Early and I think
I have a drink problem. I'll briefly explain my situation.

I have been drinking since I was 16. I was brought up in a very strict home where my mother very very rarely ever drank and certainly never had alcohol in the house. I was a quiet kid with few friends, but being very bright, I was a top grade student and loved to read and write and sing. That was until I was 15 and met my best friend.

She introduced me to alcohol and it has been a love/hate affair with the stuff ever since. When I drink, I often get very angry or very strange, thinking, saying and doing the most bizarre things. At 24, the past 8 years of my life have sped by in a drunken blur. I suffer now from the most horrendous paranoia and panic attacks, often thinking deeply about the ridiculous and odious things I have done over the years whilst drunk. I consider myself a very good, loving, loyal and friendly person, and am horrified at the things I do whilst drunk. I have began to lose hope. I also feel deeply saddened that I cannot go out like most people (including my best friend) and just be fun and laugh and sing. It really makes me feel ashamed that I am so strange. I long to feel 'normal'. The irony is, I genuinely think that if I had never drunk, I would be so proud of myself, so content, and would have achieved so much. I haven't done anything 'bad' in a while now, but instead I now shudder at the thought of what I could do. I stumbled upon this site whilst trying to make sense of who I am. I hope I'm not the only one, as it really is the most lonely feeling.

Hopefully one day I can wake up smiling and be glad to be me again. Whoever that is.
If you feel like this at 24 guess where you will be when your 40? A lot of people on this site have written about it so keep reading on this and you can find out what its like to drink for years and years....what happens, what you can lose etc.