View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Craye21

How do I help my boyfriend???

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year. About two months into our relationship he opened up to me about his drug addiction. He has been in recovery from heroine addiction. He was doing so well...really getting his life together And staying sober. About 4 months ago I discovered that he had been taking Xanax since September. I finally convinced him to quit taking the Xanax. However, now he has found a doctor that prescribes him oxycodone. He tells me that he has back problems but I know he doesn't. The doctor has never required him to get any tests to diagnose any back issues and my boyfriend was fine without the pills before. Now he is a completely different person. He passes out in the middle of restaurants when were out to dinner and acts crazy on general. He gets irritated easily and last night he actually passed out walking up the stairs in our apartment. I don't know how to convince him that this is a problem. He thinks everything is fine and that I'm just being crazy but he is truly a different person. Please help me! I'm terrified he's going to die if he doesn't stop!!!