Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Readysteady

Always had anxiety, but didn't know it. Then it flared!

I never thought of myself as having anxiety but turns out I did/do. I'd feel weird around certain people or situations at times. On a night I'd go out to a bar/club, I was stoked about going, but when inside, I'd feel fatigued, nervous, and the more crowded or loud the place was, the quicker I'd get buzzed.

Anyway, after the first night I reduced the number of drinks I had (a few weeks ago), I woke up with high anxiety that lasted all day. After that, no matter how much I drank (or not) it still persisted. Waking up thinking of everything and I mean everything....where my life is going, folks getting older and not being around forever, dead end job that barely pays the bills, not old yet but not getting any younger, not meeting any women, etc. It's backed off some for now but is still there. After alot of reading I learned a little about not thinking too much, to not worry about the past or too far into the future. What can someone do about waking up feeling the dread though? As soon as I realize I'm awake it's like "bam"! It usually takes a few hours for it to subside.