View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bemyself

I second all the best wishes to you MLC. It may be you don't get to even see them depending on what time you go in to detox (assuming they won't allow mobile phones, which you seem to mostly post from). Still, all this care and flag-waving for you is goin' on out there, from people all over the world. Pretty awesome.

And, what's this about 'those people who are still speaking to me'? Jeepers, if I had a dollar for every person not-speaking to me now, especially over recent years of getting sober / clean, relapsing, cleaning up again, relapsing...well, I'd have at least as much money as you've just spent on those daily prezzies for your kids!

Who cares if some consider that 'over-compensating'. I think it's really a sign to them - and your hubby - of how much, so much, you love them. OK, maybe only small things, little fripperies, but I'd like to think that each of them will keep those things for many years. As a symbol and reminder to them of where your heart truly is, as you continue the battle to just let all the addiction shite go.

I've often torn my hair out for and about you and your situation, to be honest. But....BUT: I'm in much the same situation, re getting rid of the damned substances for good. On again, off again, etc. So it's from out of that same space of frustration, the push-pull cycle of addiction combined with other mental health probs, that I so hope you do yourself proud. You know you want to, and will!