View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
4MyBoys
My emotional baggage

WTBH,

Ewwww, this all sounds so familar. I am not sure what state you are in but I just want to scream bullsh*t at all the advice you are getting. Is he already your ex or are you currently going through the divorce?

Just so you know, I was able to get a temp DV100 restraining order that does not include the keep away order. (the judge wants it added) I was getting verbal abuse and a birage of emails and texts from my STBXAH. That was more than enough. If you have past abuse issues that should all be taken into consideration by the courts. Especially because he is doing it in front of your girls. The judges I have been in front of, hate that.....

Even if he got 50/50 that does not mean that situation cannot be changed. I am assuming that a GAL is like the court appointed attorney my kids now have? My attorney has no obligation to me but only to my boys. That person would be horrified if this information came from the kids. Arguments and incidents we had gotten used to as normal are constantly horrifying the court and the kids attorney. It may seem like sour grapes when they hear just your side of the story but if you kids are willing to talk about it, it will make all the difference in the world.

See if your attorney or the kids GAL can ask for supervised visits at a county facility. This is a safe place for everyone. And does not bring those type of bad memories and experiences into your home. Make sure to be able to discuss these issues clearly and calmly. I just put the facts out there with as little emotion involved, if at all possible. He comes off as unstable and me the one getting the brunt of his issues. To me it sounds like you may need a stronger attorney.

I totally understand what it is like to be in this type of situation. If you ever want to discuss they type of options for protection for me and my boys were given and what may be available for you, just send me a message. Hey, I paid through the nose for it, I am happy to share what I have learned.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am so tired of being in this version of my own private hell, I am sure you understand what I mean. I fight so hard against all his BS because I know that this is going to be a long term arrangement and I refuse to believe this is as good as it is going to get.

My thoughts are with you,
4MyBoys