View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Maylie

I'm so sorry that you and your girls had to go through this It is so heart breaking when children have to witness this type of behavior but you should be proud of your girls for speaking up to him and saying leave and follow the rules. They set a boundary by making the family rules and they are sticking up for themselves when they weren't followed. That is great

Def. keep documenting everything. Can you try to get supervised visitation at a room at the courts this way if he ever spoke that way to the girls the supervisor that the court assigns will quickly intervene and it will be recorded and taken more seriously?

It is disgusting that until he physically touches you there is nothing they will do. You called for help since he wouldn't leave and they took their sweet time. What if in that time things had escalated and he had physically hurt you? What then? The system is not set up right at all.

If visits continue at your house I would get some hidden cameras so you can have video proof of how he acts and how he treats the children. Just like how people get cameras to watch their babysitter with their children. Some group therapy or art therapy for children with parents with addiction might be really helpful for the girls. When my dad suddenly died (not drug related) my mom signed us up for art therapy for children that had just lost a parent and we did different art projects to express ourselves and it helped to be around other children that were going through the same thing.