View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
noanxtime

It only matters what you think. People I know might be a bit surprised when I tell them I don't drink (shocked, for some), and may think - as my own husband, and former drinking buddy thought - I wasn't "that bad". Yes, I was. My poor liver agreed in some negative lab tests and the drinking stopped quite abruptly.
Gone within a week was the anxiety centering around driving, eating - random panic attacks. The weight I didn't really 'need' to lose but could use coming off - did. Thanks to the steady stream of sugar calories in box wine being cut off and replaced by normal eating.
Did I know it was time even before the blood was drawn? Yes - it was beyond time to stop, however not easy, sleep problems, a return of a brain that seems to run on overtime with thoughts of ideas and projects that there is not enough time in the day to acomplish. This last issue, I'm thinking is one of the reasons drinking was kind of a 'fix' to dull the running thoughts as well as trying to self medicate for multiple issues and stresses. Obviously, this harmed more than helped.
Good luck to you - it does get better!