View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TTB

GSH - if it's worth anything I am very similar to you. 46 years old. Drinking wine for about 10 years (beer before that) and am a 2+ bottle person 5-6 days a week. I too started out with much less but it just progressed over time. First in days per week (started with just Friday and Saturday) and then is progressed in quantity. I have tried to stop before...you know...on Sunday night I would say "ok, no more until Friday, then Friday I could celebrate my success". I have been trying this for about 9 months. Hasn't worked yet.

I agree with what Doggonecarl said "if you have to control it, it's out of control".

We are all different but I wanted you to know for me, controlling it hasn't worked. That's why I am here today. Found this site on Friday after a physical with horrible results and just jumped in (well..went out with a bang on Friday and Sat night). Day 2. Carvings are already starting for tonight. Gotta keep busy.

Try stopping for 30 days...if you can't get that far then you know where you are at.

Wish you the best. Sorry for rambling..

TTB