Thread: Losing my mind
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Acheleus

I will finish the paper tonight. I am about to eat something and start writing, then work on studying for an exam. Thanks for the support. I have to keep pushing through these rough parts. I have a fortune from a fortune cookie taped to my desk. It says: "Nothing can keep you from reaching your goals. Do it!" I need to grow up and be a man. Everything I don't have in my life is my fault. But I will see a doctor about my anxiety. No health insurance and poor, but I will figure out something. Nothing in my childhood or adolescence was normal. Both parents alcoholics, divorced, one went to jail, the other lost home, business, everything. I never felt like anything would go right. I always expect the absolute worst and alcohol was an escape valve I used once a week to calm my nerves. I put all the failures of my parents in my heart and I walk around feeling worthless, I don't assume anyone would want to be friends with me. But I can write papers so I am going to finish ten pages tonight. I hope all the good people on this site are doing well. SR has kept me sober for two weeks.