Thread: Losing my mind
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bemyself

Hi Ach, I've followed a few of your posts but forgive me if I'm not super clear on everything....

The extreme fatigue you describe could be, to be sure, part of early sobriety - but it could also be compounded or caused by depression and / or even some underlying imbalance or illness such as chronic fatigue syndrome (notoriously difficult to diagnose).

If you're at all able to get to a doctor - and when you can barely stay out of bed for more than an hour, I know how hard the logistics of that can be, believe me....at least then you might get some help or answers about the fatigue.

Having no friends is also extraordinarily difficult, at any age....and it too can bring on or compound depression.

And with my ancient ex-academic hat on: if you can only do one thing today, even before working out how to see a doctor, at least call your tutor or student counselling people to obtain a deferral date on your paper (or what we call in Aus 'special consideration'. Hope that tiny practical thing helps a little to ease your suffering.