View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1Dayatatyme

Thanks for the information in this thread

Hi fellow residents of Colorado:
Thanks for starting this thread, and thanks to CupofJoe for posting the information on other types of recovery meetings.
Also to the poster who talked positively about CA meetings.... my experience in the Denver metro area with CA (Cocaine Anonymous) was pretty much all positive my first time through the recovery process, beginning in 1999.
Yes, CA, IMHO, was accepting of all types of addicts/alcoholics ( cocaine, meth, alcohol, heroin,etc.) as long as we were there to abstain from all mind altering substances.
Again, just my opinion, but groups vary greatly... I had to attend different groups, in different parts of town, and different fellowships to find where I was comfortable.. the great thing was.. the more clean and sober I got, and the more I worked my program, the less I was "bothered" by the differences between myself and other meeting goers. Now, being older, and dealing with chronic pain issues without pain medication, I find SR to be a lifesaver and to work well for me at this stage of recovery ( 42 days clean and sober).

Thank you for allowing me to share.