Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Goose1

Have (we) i been released from the power of alcohol?

By submitting to God, we are released from the power of liquor. "It" has no more hold on us.

We are also released from the things that were holding us down; like pride, selfishness and fear. We are FREE to grow into a new life, which is so much better than the old life that there is no comparison. This release gives us peace with the world. We know God is a spiritual vision. We feel that he is beside us and feel his presence. Contact with God is not made by the senses. Our spiritual conscious replaces sight. Since we can not see God, we have to perceive him by spiritual perception. God spans the physical and the spiritual with a gift of spiritual vision.

Many persons although they can not see God have a clear spiritual conscious of him. We are inside a box of space and time, but know there is something outside of that box, limitless space, eternity of time and God.

Have (We) I been released from the power of alcohol? By the power of God and this very thought, I have been set FREE! (DAY 70) I pray that all who struggle may be conscious of God's presence. And that God will give you a spiritual vision. Have faith my friends and we will stay Sober...

portions of this post
from the book Twenty Four Hours a Day Hardcover (24 Hours)
Saturday, April 27, 2013
From Twenty-Four Hours a Day © 1975 by Hazelden Foundation.

Last edited by Dee74; 04-27-2013 at 04:26 PM.