View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tomsteve

1st things 1st:

i gotta thank you for posting this. it reminds me of the effects i had on people when i was drinking and in denial.
it could be very difficult for him to admit to someone that hasnt been in his shoes- another alcoholic. but that shouldnt stop you from expressing your concern. it may be best to talk to him the morning after a good drunk, when the children are not going to interrupt( if thats possible). let him know you love him and love the way he loves the children and you. express your concern with his drinking and how it has been effecting you and how you see it effecting him. most importantly, express how you see it effecting him. this could be a very difficult conversation, but IMO you hve to do it. dont do it while hes drunk, thats for sure. it will be best to catch him after a drunk.
this could be very difficult, but ya got you and 2 youngens to be concerned about.
PLEASE let him know there are others out there who have been in his shoes. if hes anythign like the drunk i used to be, he doent like himself too much, doesnt value himself too much, doesnt feel good about himself. low self esteem.. but still a huge ego sayin hes got it under control.
i wasnt in the navy. still a stubborn SOB.no...thats a flat out lie... i was an egomaniac SOB.
if he's interested in help from people who have been in his shoes, ya got a start. if he is, send me a PM. i know some recovering alcoholics real close to ya that wouldbe happy to help someone get sober.