View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Trubbled

I know that you are in the wilderness, so to speak (of course Americans think ALL of Canada is the wilderness
Ah well yes it might qualify as wilderness lol. Last spring a moose ran thru my neighbours yard and crashed into my fence breaking a whole section. It's a good thing my igloo had melted the week before.

As far as other help, I have a hypno tape for stopping drinking that I got years ago and it talks about the addictive voice and our liver etc. I used to listen to it every night even had it play on a loop while I slept. It seemed to help as I ws able to do a few months but at that time I had no real intrest in stopping permanently but was doing it for a diet I was on to lose weight gained from quiting smoking which I've since restarted Looks like I've got myself on a loop.

I will look into some other things though, but that tape does stick with me, when I lie down at night after a day of not drinking I like to imagine my liver and have a mental image of it looking a little better every day. I also learned from the tape that when the thoughts cross my mind it IS the voice playing with me and that I have to be stronger than it.