Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SereneEdition

Welcome PawsGal!

Fantastic work! Keep it up!

I'm at 100 days or so. The first 90 I focused on staying sober. For the next 90, I'm learning how to live the sober life that I want to live (if that makes sense). I wouldn't say that it's getting easier, but the focus is shifting.

I've been there in the past with feeling like I'm fight on 2 fronts, and it hasn't worked for me & inevitably I crash. What has worked is prioritizing one first and focusing just on that one. Once it is under control, then focusing on the second.

Also alcohol is a lot of calories - Your body might also just be reacting to the fact that it's used to getting more calories and is all out of wack now. Giving it what it wants may help it to settle down after a bit. & Honestly - I wouldn't worry about it. I indulged in a lot of food and it settled down and I still ended up losing 10lbs.

Exercise and Mindfulness have also been very helpful with reducing cravings across the board. (edit: and by exercise I mean just getting some activity, like a quick walk - it can do wonders to counter a craving) Highly recommend them!

Good luck!