Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pawsgal

Still miserable and starving with 3 months of sobriety

Hi all. I'm glad I found this site, it has been helpful at times. I am coming up on 90 days without alcohol, and a lot of people have warned me that this is a big one. Only from what people have told me, this is a time where a lot of folks start to get complacent with their program. For me this is not the case, I am working this thing as hard as ever, and still attending a ton of meetings. For some reason I figured it would be getting easier by now. I don't know if what I am feeling is a craving, or if I'm just really noticing how empty life feels now. I keep hearing that it gets better, that this too shall pass, etc. But I still feel like hell, and now I am having trouble controlling my appetite. I just want to eat and eat, and I can't get enough sugar it seems. So I'm trying to control my calories; it seems like now I'm battling two consumption problems instead of one. I suppose it's all just coming from one general feeling of hollowness. I really thought I would feel better than this as time went on. Any thoughts?