View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
help4hubby

Hi Arthur! I'm very new here and still trying to figure out how to use the site so bear with me. You are the first person that I've responded to that wasn't linked to my post. I really feel I can relate to you because you are where my husband is right now. I sought out this site for help dealing with my husband's recent relapse (he's a drug addict). I'm pretty sure he could relate to you very well right now. Congrats on your recent sobriety! I'm sure doing it alone is not easy at all which makes this even more of an accomplishment! I wish my hubby had your motivation. He has soo much support but still doesn't seem to be willing to make the effort to get help. He has a sponsor ofsorts and thinks that is enough. Can you tell me anything that you have found to be helpful for you during this time? He is really against counseling or any professional help which is discouraging to me. He doesn't think that they understand or care if they aren't an addict themselves. Congrats to you! Stay positive and focussed and know that you can do this! Any advice you have for me is much appreciated!