View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

Over-Indulged My AV Earlier This Week

My wife is going out of town next week, departing Monday morning and returning Thursday around dinner time. My AV, naturally, took advantage of this situation to tell me that it might be a good opportunity to sneak a little drinky-drunk time. My daughter will still be around, but she works a lot and has a new bf, so she is rarely home.

I indulged this AV input for a while on Tuesday while I was at work; making a mental list of all the ways I might get caught.
  • Wife might call and I would sound drunk on the phone
  • Daughter might come home early from work
  • I might spill something and not get the smell out
We started mapping out the available hours for drinking at home (only a 2 hour window - that'll never do), which day would be best (need to check the daughter's work schedule), maybe I could drink out at a bar (but then I'd have to drive, and I'd look pathetic popping down a bunch of drinks at a neighborhood bar, might see someone I know, like the neighbor who had to help me home last time - maybe I should go across town - but then I'd have to drive farther...) What will I drink? I prefer bourbon, but vodka is less smelly if the daughter shows up (better chance to hide it if surprised)...

And suddenly, I realized how much anxiety I was feeling. Anxiety I had not felt since I had made my BP and set myself free. It was back, trying to make me a slave again - all because I let that AV ramble on and on and on...

I shut IT down and the anxiety vanished. Poof. Like magic, only better because it's real and I did it.

Most of you knew I had made a mistake before you even opened this thread - just from the title. Well, many of you also know I am hard headed, so it's a lesson I was going to have to learn on my own.

Glad I did it, gladder it's behind me.

Now, what the heck will I do with my 3 free evenings next week? Hmmmm.....