View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Originally Posted by dogg View Post
Its when you hit 30 (or in my case 31) it does dawn on you that what you are doing cannot be right and will lead to nothing but misery. Does it stop you tho, not in my case (yet).
I didn't stop yet at that age either. I kept at it. At age 37 things came home to roost as I had 3 seizures, ended up in the ER twice and got 15 stitches after I nearly bit off my tongue. My beautiful girlfriend dumped me and my friends left too. I watched my mom, dad, and sister weep tears of shame, sadness, and disappointment as I was wheeled off to detox. Then I went to an in-patient treatment facility where I shared a room with a constipated Fidel Castro look-alike for 3 weeks. I think the bill was close to 17K.

If you're interested in following my path, by all means keep drinking! I'll tell you that it definitely worked for me! Been 9 months since those dark days and I haven't even thought about a drink. Then again if you want to take a different route I understand. Probably starts with putting down the bottle. NOW.