View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
EverHopeful721

Originally Posted by madisonblake View Post
Laurie - wow, 43 years. That's something I need to remember. Sadly, I don't see my ex really ever recovering. I just don't. I hate to say that but I just don't see him getting clean unless something very bad happens to him. One stint of rehab, losing his license and being on probation this entire past year apparently was not enough of a wake up call. I think unless he ends up in jail or worse, he will never stop.
I agree about my XA, madisonblake.... He's been using since he was a teenager and his DOC is cocaine, mixed with alcohol and sometimes weed. Unless he gets help for the underlying cause of why he uses (which I know stems from his terrible childhood), I don't see him ever getting clean. It's so obvious that the reason he uses is to FORGET all of that and numb his feelings. I see him just moving on from uncommitted relationship to uncommitted relationship, forever blaming the women, indefinitely. He's already had one DUI, and my greatest fear for him is that he will end up in jail or worse, but it's no longer my place to worry about it. He's moved on (or rather, BACK, to one of his exes who works at the bar where he drinks/uses and most likely, uses as well). It's so very sad and just breaks my heart....