Thread: Pray for me.
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Dib42

Originally Posted by Darkplace2013 View Post
Hi everyone thanks a million for all the responses here. Ye don't realise how much it means to me. This place is a life saver. It really is. I saw my GP today and we spoke for a long time he have me a number of options and I feel somewhat relieved after the meeting. I was shaking heading in, I was just so paranoid about it. When I was telling him my problems I was whispering for fear someone in the corridor may hear me. But I do feel a small bit better knowing Ive admitted I've a problem. So hopefully I'll sort myself out and start living my life. God this is going to be so hard but I'm willing to give it my best go.

Thanks for all the support.
It is very hard... but it isn't as hard as you think its going to be... We have a tendancy early in to make it seem way more difficult than it actually is. We start putting insane scenerios together and try to figure out how to combat drinks we haven't even been offerred yet... My own personal favorite of mine was "How am I going to celebrate my sobriety?"

It really comes down to one simple thing . . . Just don't drink. However we'll make that the hardest thing in the entire world to do.