View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
360shoes

For me, I have found that I had to learn how to raise my hand and ask for help long before I was up to my neck in a problem. I don't know what it feels like or what it is like to be treated for cancer but it would break my heart if someone I loved didn't feel they could share their pain or challenges with me just because I didn't and even more so if they felt only people who did know were the only ones who could be there for them. I could certainly just listen and give them the opportunity to vent and let them know I care. That may be all I could do but I would hope it would help and I'm pretty sure it won't make it worse. Not saying I think addiction is or isn't a disease just saying it is helpful to have people who have experienced what I have dealt with but not to the point of they are the only ones. I certainly can talk about my feelings and most people can relate to that.

Just by posting you took that step of saying what you were feeling before you took an action that we all know where it will probably lead. That's a good thing!! I hope you keep going and find what you need to see it through till it passes. For me, sometimes just saying it out loud helps and it doesn't matter who the listener is as long as they just listen. Great job on the really close to 4 months!