View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Needtoheal

Day 1: Just came from AA

Day 1 sober:

I went to my first AA meeting today, it was interesting. It was a subject based meeting and the topic was whether AA is a cure all or not…after listening to various responses I wondered whether I was in the right place. I respect and tolerate other people’s points of view so I won’t try to pull apart what some people said because I made the decision to learn with an open mind. At the end of the meeting I had some interesting conversations and the people were warm and friendly.

What did strike me though was that 90% of those who shared have been sober for a number of years (most 10 years and above) since they joined AA and followed the program. I felt a sense of hope that this is possible for me. There were some great transformation stories that made me decide to go back again and listen and learn from these people.

That been said I was inconspicuously the only under 30 year old in the room and I wondered whether AA is missing out on a generation that is currently feeding on alcohol and drugs to survive. Anyway it was my first meeting and I intend to go back.

I also need pour out all the alcohol in my place this evening. I really want to get this done and request your encouragement.

Johhny!