• dried fruit
  • fresh fruit
  • canned fruit
  • string cheese
  • crackers & cheese
  • yogurt
  • applesauce
  • milk & cereal

I probably have been eating 8 or so 100-200 calorie snacks from the list and then a another real meal or two of some sort each day.

I have been going for things that are quick and easy because I don't need the stress of preparing stuff and when I notice I'm hungry, I want something I can have IMMEDIATELY. I read an article about PAWS that talked about ways to eat to minimize symptoms and avoid cravings and I've been trying to follow the guidelines there.

I have been avoiding sugar entirely, with the exception of what occurs naturally in the fruit I eat. I did initially have some sugar cravings, but I read that sugar is very similar to alcohol and by doing that you kind of continue the sugar/alcohol addiction. I found that a healthy snack and a couple of glasses of water cured the sugar craving anyway, and made me feel better than eating sugar does (it leaves me jittery, not something I need now).

I HIGHLY recommend reading this article: Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) | What...Me Sober?. I found it to be very informative and helpful in understanding what we go through after we quit and it had some great information on eating to minimize the bad symptoms and cravings.

-DG