View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
changeisgood13

I just want to thank all of you for being so honest. I haven't been honest with myself until now. I've finally admitted to myself that I am an alcoholic. Like some others I've followed here, I function just fine and appear to have a happy and fulfilling life on the outside - i live with my successful boyfriend in an amazingly beautiful house, I have a fantastic job, I drive a fancy car... but none of these things mean anything or bring any amount of happiness when I feel so empty on the inside. I was sober for 15 years while married to my ex husband. After the divorce, I found wine. Recently I realized I was turning to the bottle (or bottles on some nights) out of loneliness. My BF travels a lot for work and spends weekends at the golf course - I moved here to be with him, so I know very few people in the area and my attempts to make new friends have not been successful. I know I have other things to sort out in my life but I can't take those steps until I'm truly sober. I have a long road ahead but I am very grateful to have found this site. Not having much support personally, this forum is truly a Godsend.