Thread: 51
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leolife

51 days since I felt that numb dull fog wrap over my senses awakening to that liquor induced poisoning. It's the longest I have lived without alcohol since that dramatic change from boy to man. It's a scary yet thrilling thought to have gone through adult life so far not knowing what life truly is. Life without the bottle. Life with extended clear thinking, life with memories that last longer than a night and early morning.

It's phenomenal how few people I know have even lived life for 1 month without liquor since coming of age. It's as if a spell is cast on all, the blanket of illusion is veiled over our inspired eyes, and before too long we have forgotten that there is another world on the other side of the painting. But inside each of us there is an inkling that something is off. We've lost some sort of dance.

Upon returning to this world where life is clear, and anything is possible, a breath of jasmine scented fresh air greets you and that vague remembrance, that idea of innocence lost, is rediscovered not in a place never been, but in a place that is home to us all. And it was only the dazzling broken lights of the alcohol roller coaster that had us blinded.