View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bemyself

Rice cooker????!! Non,non, non! I still do mine the old fashioned way, boiling on the stove. Fortunately, my cheapie microwave has just packed up in the last week or so, so I have to simply go back to basics, you know: cooking stuff, even vegetables, in water. on the stove. Eek!

Anyway, it's just before the 7 pm news, but I've not done anything for tea yet. I had my first experience with waiting for a wildlife rescue person ( a lovely lady) to come and get a sick / wounded bird I'd found outside in the courtyard not long after my last post. It was only a poor young pigeon as it turns out (I'm not really a bird-knowledge person), so she will take it to the vet to be euthanaised - they don't try to save introduced species.

Poor little sausage, another little sentient being. Still, I'm glad I didn't just chuck it over into the bush nearby my place, where it would have died a horrible long and lonely death over this coming cold night. The small mercies, even that us drunks (ex-drunks or active) can still do.

Right, off to put on the ABC news, and fiddle about with something, anything, for tea.