Old 04-21-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
mialicious

I just read the new posts and this is a very trying time for you and your daughters. I'm very sorry for the struggle you are having with a heroin addict whom you love. I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while because of unexpected life issues.

1) I am not sure if all clinics have a regional office. Mine did. You can Google the clinic's name and see if there is an official site linking to other states or cities. If so there should be a phone # you can call.

2) I agree with Lyoness, there is more than meets the eye when referring to her discharge. When I first started going to the clinic, there were long lines and about of people. Then they started cracking down on those who had dirty UAs threatening quick detox and discharge. About 6-9 months in they started taking things away so us junkies couldn't take advantage. Example: they removed the trash cans out of the room, after giving the little stack of cups to the nurses behind a window for them to give us. Finally, the pure water dispenser was moved behind the window as well for them to dispense cups, water and our dose. After the dirty UA folks were discharged, they remodeled and it became much more clean and shorter lines. But still it's a bureaucratic place. We had to play the game.

3) As long as a dope addict is addicted, they will lie to get their fix. I'm quite sure you are painfully aware of this fact but the reason I say that is perhaps there are truths your wife isn't telling you about her discharge. Please forgive my bluntness I only want you be aware she may be telling lies to get high, little by little. Also forgive me if this isn't the case.

4) There is a very fine line between enabling and loving. Many times, the line in the sand gets pushed further and further because it becomes the drug who is talking, taking, pushing and needing. I understand you not wanting to fight. this is a slippery slope.

5) Has your wife done her intake at this further away clinic? I'm praying for you, your wife and family. If your wife ever decides to come to this forum, please let her know I can offer my whole hearted help. I've been clean of methadone since 3/5/13, and clean from shooting up heroin since 4/29/13 (almost a year). It can be done. My family and I are still healing and growing from this mess. I'm still with my husband, who used heroin as well. He's detoxing from 160mg, he's at 10mg going down a couple mg or 1 per week or every 10 days. I was at 150mgs.