View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bemyself

Addendum

I probably should add: I have a great interest (and occasional practice) in Buddhism, particularly the non-multiple gods varieties :-)) PLUS I keep an open / agnostic / doubting but open mind to interfaith discussions, progressive versions of Christianity (and I mean the really progressive, super-liberal variety that get slammed by most of the mainstream), Celtic spirituality, etc etc etc.

So I personally try to reflect on whichever of these help me each day, sober or not. hence, I don't mind one bit if someone mentions those things. But I am currently not too sure about the whole Steps thing, even though I have access to a range of alternative / secular / agnostically framed Steps.

Just thought I'd mention that, as bits of any ensuing discussion might mean I have to move bits over to secular 12 Steps section...don't I? Sheesh, it can become extraordinarily delicate, can it not?!

Yet I also like bits n pieces of SMART as well as RR, and such like. Not sure I 'belong' anywhere, in terms of 'recovery methods'. Some days, I just give up worrying about it all, and remind myself of a fantastic Van Morrison song 'No Guru, No Method, No Teacher'. :-)

Anyway, I'm sure that the mods will politely intervene or guide me / us. One of the great things about SR, among many.